DeviceNet problem

darkest_shade

hi

i have a problem with one scaner 1756-DNB

have one network with 4 in-views and 2 automatic guides GMC and have 2 plc 1756-L61

the problem is: the scanner goes to idle mode and cannot put it back to run any more, untill i turn off all power or use a usb dnet cable to restore it (cuz i cant communicate via backplane).

the problem is that the line is running and i cannot turnoff the rack.

i try to use bits of command register but nothing hapens
i have the Local2:I:StatusRegister.devicefailure ON

already tested a new scanner on same slot and do the same going idle mode after 24hrs or more.

what is weird here is that this scanner was tested on office but never do that.

is there any procedure or something i can do for fix this problem?

regards!!!

Scanner module will go to idle if Local:2:O.CommandRegister.Run is equal to 0. You must turn this bit on and keep it in order to keep the DNB in run mode.

When the DNB goes to idle, what are you doing to get it back to run?

It sounds like the 1756-DNB is losing its messaging and I/O connection to the backplane but not faulting. I would have expected a major OS fault if that connection failed.

Check the big chip on the top of the circuit board to be certain it's not one of the Atmel chips with the batch number (the second number string) that ends in 64.

Watch the boot firmware display when you power cycle the 1756-DNB... that will help Tech Support determine if there's an issue they know about in the firmware.

I've never seen a 1756-DNB do this.