Temperory variables

abuhamdan2008

What is called temporary variables in Step7 if you make program in FC. Want to know about it.Please Explain little for me..
thanks

Temp variables are like writing info on a blackboard.
Next time you come to the classroom, your notes are probably not there anymore....
icon24.gif
icon7.gif

K

About PLC I have basic only.I work for long time with hard wiring.A simple program i can make easy but want to know what is that exactly.there for if some one help me will be good for me.But i saw many people not want to wast time with newbies.But I hope some people still there to help others.

Thanks for you help and support

There is no problem with newbies, there is problem with students coming and not bothering to even try to do any work themself.

And for your question, if you understand what temporary means, then temporary variable is just that, temporary, alive only for one call.

The best way to gain familiarity with temp variables is to use them.

Write a function that takes an integer input parameter that specifies the DB number to use and copies the value in DBX0.0 of the specified DB to the RET_VAL. No M memory may be used.

Here's my implementation being tested. See if you can come up with your own version of FC1.

temp001.JPG

A temporary variable is a variable that is used only while the FC is being processed. Usually, a var_temp is declared if you want to store an intermediate result within the FC while the FC is being processed but don't need to pass it as an output from this FC to other FCs or FBs or DBs.