Allen Bradely micrologix 1200 analog IO

bhegardt

I know this is probably simple but I have never tried before. I have a Maple touch screen HMI connected to a micrologic 1200 plc. I am trying to read several 4-20mA signals from field devices and push those values to a programmed digital display on my HMI. I thought I could simply use a move command to push this data to the HMI registry. I am not sure how to program this. I started with a first scan bit to move all the data but i also have speed adjustment controls on the HMI that I need to push into the plc and to 4-20 output cards.

this is what i have. 4 analog inputs (4-20mA) these go to the HMI for reference only to digital display.

I have 4 adjustable outputs( file F8 from the HMI (0-100%) to increase or decrease the speed of a several different motors, once the operator inputs a number i need to change the analog output from the PLC to change the speed (4-20mA) to a real world motor?
Does anyone know how to program this, note micrologix does not use read and write commands like the PLC5 version, so I suspect I have to use MOVE and COPY commands, not really sure. thanks for your help!

Which exact model of Maple HMI and MicroLogix 1200 are you using. Complete and exact number please.

Stu.....

Micrologix analog programing

the Maple HMI is HMI5070NH Graphic HMI
the AB controller are:
1762-L40AWAR micrologix 1200 controller w/ HMI port
analog modules are:
1762-IF4 analog input modules
1762-OF4 analog output modules
thanks, Bryan

Thanks for the links but the AB link gives nothing unless you have a service contract and the maple link is addressing examples only.
the problem I am having is how do I pull data from the HMI 0 to 100 % input from operator and get it into the plc? do I simply use a move command from the hmi register and place it in a N file and then scale that data and push it to an anaolog output card? If anyone has a simple example of code that would be great. I can figure out the addressing just not sure how to move the data? Their is no Block read and write commands with the micrologix otherwise i would move it that way. I would think that this is a very common application I just have not had analog applications in the past simply logic type programs.
Thanks for your input.

I have no experience with Maple Systems, but typically the HMI will write to a memory location in the PLC, like N10:0 for example, then you simple scale that value with the destination assigned to the analog output channel address. You normally don't have to do anything to move data from the HMI to the PLC other than create a data entry object and assign the required address to it. You will probably also need to install/configure the allen bradley df1 driver for the HMI, and the driver will take care of the reading and writing for you.

Last edited:
The last maple system I did was the hmi5150x but I still think the reference is the same. Go to http://www.maplebeta.com/goldbeta/products/prodbycon-bot.htm and you will get the info you need. Go here for videos http://www.maplebeta.com/goldbeta/video/touchscreen-hmi-video-center.htm What you want to do should also be in the demo project for your HMI, go file open projects and find your HMI5070NH it will be there. The tag reference can't be a real world tag it has to be a internal like a integer or float. The tag nomenclature when entered into the address for a integer if the plc address is n7:10 would be n007010. Its really not to difficult once you get there reference down.

Also with the new software I think you can direct reference a tag without the BS. If you need more help send me the tags number and I will make you a little example specific to what you want.

As OkiePC, I have no direct experience with Maple Systems HMIs. I have downloaded the Manual for your HMI, and the AB Micrologix Sheet, and it looks pretty much like any other HMI I have set up. You define your PLC under System Parameters, and set your Address for Objects on your Screens. With AB I normally define an N and B File specifically for the HMI. That way when I see those Addresses, I know they are sourced from the HMI, or going to the HMI. The HMI will take care of Reading/Writing to the PLC. To Display Data in proper format, you may need to Scale it either in the PLC, or in the HMI if it is supported. The same goes for Writing Data to the PLC from Operator Input.

Stu.....

Yeah they changed that recently. Still I think it's free to register, doesn't take long either.

OP's question isn't really a knowledge base question but rather a programmming question. He just want to know how to move analog value between different registers in ML 1200.

Just use the Instruction help in Logix 500 and yes, MOV and COP would do the trick. Also, make sure values are properly scaled; SCP is a good one to use.

To find out the scaling of the I/O, read the manual on the I/O card.