Modem for Twido System

junior

Hi,
I have a Twido PLC and Twido touch screen connected through their Ethernet ports to a hub. The PLC is TWD LCAE40DRF and the touch screen is SQD XBTGT5330. I’m trying it see if there’s a modem available so I could dial it remotely on an analog phone line and be connected with the hub so I could have access to the PLC through twidosuite and to the touch screen through Vijeo designer. The modem would be connected through Ethernet to the hub of course. Can anyone comment if this is doable, and recommend a modem?

TIA
Jr

Or these (have used a couple of them with success). AB have the RADES range you could also look at.

We've also used the Teltonika range of 3G (openvpn) routers to get onto ethernet...look here

I'm sure many others will chime in with several other vendor that will do the task equally as well!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Nice info guys, I'll get in touch with the manufacturers.

Kidblue, Did you use the MoRos Wired with a Twido system? Does the Vijeo Designer support the remote modifications of the touch screen program?

Hi Junior,

We've never (yet) used a Twido in the field with a PSTN line attached. We have several Magelis screens on ethernet and have connected remotely with several modems (including the MOROS device). I think you need to put the gateway IP address in on the HMI to establish comms, but otherwise it's fairly straight forward...

Most of these seem to work on a similar principle. Establish a remote connection (some form of VPN) with your field device and then you (typically) need to add the field IP address into your programming software...which we find is the advantage of using Ethernet based hardware!

Hope this helps.

Rob