Force Analogue values in GE CPU363

JNS

Hi,
I received the copy of the program that is currenlty downloaded to GE90-30 CPU363. I have setup the offline system in the office with same CPU and downloaded the program. For some reason I could not force the analogue value in the PLC. I could apply force on digital tags but whenever I use function "Write value" for analouge tags it does not accept it and values returns back to 0.

Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong here??

Hi,
I received the copy of the program that is currenlty downloaded to GE90-30 CPU363. I have setup the offline system in the office with same CPU and downloaded the program. For some reason I could not force the analogue value in the PLC. I could apply force on digital tags but whenever I use function "Write value" for analouge tags it does not accept it and values returns back to 0.

Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong here??

I am not as familiar with the GE Line as I am with others, but I have never seen a PLC with the ability to force Analog and similar values. Your are probably moving the Data into it alright, but on the next scan, it is being overwritten with the Real World Value.

If I have to Simulate Analog Values, I normally set up an Integer Register I can use to enter values, and move them to where I want to provide the Data.

Stu....

Stu is correct. You can't force analog values in a 90-30.

Here's something you can do, though. Get into the hardware configuration for your system and change the address assigned to the analog card. For example, if the module is configured to be %AI001, change it to some unused %AI address (perhaps %AI101). DO NOT change the ladder logic to match the new configuration. Download the new configuration and start the program running. Since the actual module is now writing its (zero) values to addresses starting at %AI101, you will be able to write any values you want into the original address.

Thanks for all the replies. I forced the analogues in the past with Allan Bradley kit and MTL(now GE) so I thought it would be possible but could not find the way to do it. Now, I deleted all the Analogue cards in the IO configuration and then I managed to force all the values that I wanted.

Thanks again.