fan rotation in rs view 32

Nirmalya Basu

hello everybody I am Nirmalya Basu, i have a problem i want to rotate a fan in rsview32 with the help of a fixed rpm which is shown in SCADA.The rpm can be changed by a pot which is physically connected with the analog input of the plc and also by a slider in SCADA.when the rpm is changed that fan have to rotate in that rpm wich is now calculated.the relation is voltage chnge * 100 = rpm

Hello, Nirmalya. Welcome to the forum.

To make clear your question:

1. Do you want to know how to make your RSView32 graphical fan rotate at the same speed as the physical fan?

2. Do you want to know how to set up the RSView "slider" to control the speed of the fan?

You mentioned that you have two control points, a potentiometer that sends a signal to a PLC, and a slider on your RSView screen. You will need some method to determine which one of these is in control.

The simplest method is to add a switch on your RSView screen that selects which of the two speed control devices is active.

Another method is to have the PLC program look for changes in both devices, and to set the speed based on the input of the LAST device that was changed.

The rotation animation can be linked to a tag. You then need to write some program to generate the desired rotation position in degrees.

Unless you have a very slow fan then I would suggest that the graphics/comms will never keep up with "the Same speed as the physical fan".

Nick

Unless you have a very slow fan then I would suggest that the graphics/comms will never keep up with "the Same speed as the physical fan".
What I have done before is to "scale" the speed. If the fan is speed range is 0 to 1800 RPM maximum, then I divide the actual speed by about 30. My "displayed" fan now turns from 0 to 60 RPM (1 turn per second maximum).

All you get from this is that the display fan turns proportionally to the physical fan. True, it is not showing the actual speed, but who is going to stand and count it? An operator soon learns to glance at the spinning display and know that "its running slow today" or "that thing is moving on"!

If you need to display the actual speed, as Widelto said, do a numerical digital display.

Last edited: