How to control speed of a 24V fan ?

Its been years but I did something like this...

I use this https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Regulator-Potentiometer-Overload-Protector/dp/B07D281HXS

Replaced the potentiometer (it was 12vdc) with the output from the PLC and worked OK, I was looking for a new trainer to build but I never finished it

Is this a manual control or can be controlled with a controller ?

Anyway, I liked Tinine suggestion in post #6.

That converter is all I need for PWM signal.

Many PLC's do PWM & the FX3U does but only on the transistor output type, relays are not fast enough.

Yes, I know that relays are electromechanical switches and its own applications, on the other hand, there are MOSFET switches too.

Also there are custom boards that mimic the PLC work using microcontroller and power switches like MOSFETs.

But I want to investigate more in PLC world. I know I'm not working with a siemens one with their nice features in large scale control.

I want to get the most out of this clone FX3u, and maybe later get one of the cheap siemens PLC which has a network control feature and put it in an application for projects showroom.

Not sure if the clones can use that instruction some are limited so it may not work. On some of the clones it is the in-built software that interprets the mitsubishi code that does not have all functionallity If you want to use a PLC then either use a DC controller board that works off 0-10v input or use the ladder network shown before.

Yes, I would leave the programming section until we receive the controller, then I will start programming it with the dedicated software, then I might try to repurpose it to be programmed with the Arduino IDE.

But the dedicated programming software should do the task.

Here is a possibility a 0-10v to PWM converter you then need a PWM DC motor control board
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Voltage-Co...-8-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1

Or perhaps get one of the many DC controller boards with a potentiometer & build an interface 0-10v to connect in place of the normal potentiometer.

Yeah this analog/pwm converter is the solution for this thread.

I want to add it as a feature and an example solution for this particular task of which where I have a 24V DC fan that need a pwm signal to control its speed and current draw.

Hi,

I bought the module from Aliexpress, took some time to know how to operate it.

I got it to work without the PLC as a start, next step is to attach it to the PLC.

1. Full speed
24-V-fan-PWM-driver-1.jpg

2. Zero speed
24-V-fan-PWM-driver-2.jpg

3. Kick off speed
24-V-fan-PWM-driver-3.jpg

The module provides 2 output:
1. NPN: provides 5V or 24V output signal.
2. PNP: provides only 5V output signal.

I thought NPN needs +ve signal to run, but in this configuration it ran fully ON with 0V and fully OFF with 10V.