0-10 Volt sensor - 1762-IF4

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can anyone help me out with proper connection scheme?

I have the COM terminals on the input card connected to -24VDC, voltage supply to sensor connected to +24VDC. Sensor "-" is connected to "input 0-", sensor SIG is connected to "input 0+". Raw data is -704, regardless of applied pressure.

Sensor, BTW, is a Prosense , 0-100 PSI.

Have you changed the module to read voltage instead of current? I believe the factory default on those is current. Check out pub 1762-IN012A-EN-P

Have you changed the module to read voltage instead of current? I believe the factory default on those is current. Check out pub 1762-IN012A-EN-P

Yes, DIP switches are set to "voltage". You're right, though, they're factory-set to "current"

Can anyone help me out with proper connection scheme?

I have the COM terminals on the input card connected to -24VDC, voltage supply to sensor connected to +24VDC. Sensor "-" is connected to "input 0-", sensor SIG is connected to "input 0+". Raw data is -704, regardless of applied pressure.

Sensor, BTW, is a Prosense , 0-100 PSI.

If you are using Voltage, I don't imagine your Prosense is a 2 Wire Device. Can you supply the exact Prosense Model, or better yet post a link to the manual? My guess is you need to connect your Input 0- to -24VDC to Power the Sensor. I would like to see the exact Sensor setup though. Can you post a Screen Shot of your Configuration?

Stu.....

Last edited:
If you are using Voltage, I don't imagine your Prosense is a 2 Wire Device. Can you supply the exact Prosense Model, or better yet post a link to the manual? My guess is you need to connect your Input 0- to -24VDC to Power the Sensor. I would like to see the exact Sensor setup though. Can you post a Screen Shot of your Configuration?

Stu.....

No, as I explained, power supply to sensor is +24VDC, SIG is connected to Input 0+, COM is -24VDC.

Here's the link to sensor: http://www.automationdirect.com/adc..._Sensors/Pressure_Transmitters/PTD25-10-0100H

Based on the wiring diagram for that input card and sensor you should run pin 1 (L+) to 24V+, pin 2 to IN0+, and pin 3 (L-) to 24V-. 24V- also needs to run to IN0-. There shouldn't be anything wired to COM.

Based on the wiring diagram for that input card and sensor you should run pin 1 (L+) to 24V+, pin 2 to IN0+, and pin 3 (L-) to 24V-. 24V- also needs to run to IN0-. There shouldn't be anything wired to COM.

Thanks. I'll check it out it the morning.