10 volt clamp

jimcav

Good afternoon,

This one may sound crazy. I have a device that is configured to outputs a 0 to 10 volt signal. the scaling is 0 - 0 and 10 - 200. well some times it can go above 200 into the 240 range or higher at this point. this will make the unit output 11 volts. this will make the unit that is connected to it fail. how can i clamp the 10 volts meaning i do not want it to go over 10 volt. Would a zener diode work.

Can you limit value to 10..200 on program before AO-output?

10V Zener would work put it won't correct original problem before AO output.

As you have discovered, scaling does not necessarily perform limiting/clamping. I'm not sure what PLC equipment you are using, but some Rockwell output modules have an Output Clamp feature.

OG

As you have discovered, scaling does not necessarily perform limiting/clamping. I'm not sure what PLC equipment you are using, but some Rockwell output modules have an Output Clamp feature.

OG

And a "Limit" instruction. (LIM) for AB PLC's
or roll your own.

Last edited: