Networks mix n match (SLC500)

Blijj

Good day all. I'm looking to add (intouch) scada to an existing AB system. The original setup is 2 x SLC504s and 5 x PV600s all on DH+. A 504/PV600 (ethernet) were added later and has dnet in the rack for local flow meters, so I put a slave dnet module in one of the 504 racks to allow some comms between this panel and the 504 panels. The plant will probably be extended over the next few years and all of this will have to be monitored by the new scada too. Given the bottleneck that the dnet "gateway" would represent if I tried to use it as the way into the dh+ processors, it looks to me that the only option is to replace the old slcs and pvs with ethernet versions :eek:. Is there another, more economical way to do this? Thanks.

You can hang Digi One IAP or 1761-NET-ENI modules off of their serial ports and get them on ethernet that way. It would be a few hundred per non-ethernet SLC, and might buy you time to migrate.

Note that A/B has a step forward program which will give you some money back if you trade up from 5/04 to 5/05s. It's still cheaper to go with serial to ethernet bridges though.

Thank you, Okie. Once again you're off the starting line like a greyhound :geek:
The 1761s are the ones for me; that way ab shouldn't walk away if (when) I encounter comms issues!