PanelVIew 600 Help!!

allenz

Hi Guys

I am having some trouble with PV 600. Using RS232 I was able to communicate with the screen using RSLinx Classic, and using auto-configure I could see the PV600 on the list. Hence it communicates!

However when I go and use FactoryTalk View Studio and manually add the device, it just doesn't communicate.

Under RSLinx Enterprise, PC202(My pc name)

I added a new driver, with serial DF1 option. Now I autoconfigured this driver once again and it was successful. However instead of coming up with PV600, it now displays a device called

"1, PanelView-MKE, PanelView Operator Interface (M)

When I go and transfer file from this terminal it fails.

Then under DF1 I added the PV Screen 600 again, manually. Still no go..

Any idea?

Hi Guys

I am having some trouble with PV 600. Using RS232 I was able to communicate with the screen using RSLinx Classic, and using auto-configure I could see the PV600 on the list. Hence it communicates!

However when I go and use FactoryTalk View Studio and manually add the device, it just doesn't communicate.

Under RSLinx Enterprise, PC202(My pc name)

I added a new driver, with serial DF1 option. Now I autoconfigured this driver once again and it was successful. However instead of coming up with PV600, it now displays a device called

"1, PanelView-MKE, PanelView Operator Interface (M)

When I go and transfer file from this terminal it fails.

Then under DF1 I added the PV Screen 600 again, manually. Still no go..

Any idea?

What is the exact and full part number of the PanelView?

Stu.....

2711-T6C8L1 PV600 DH+ screen

That's the seial no. I got from the customer

That is the Model Number and indicates it is a Standard Panelview Touch with DH+ and an RS232 Printer Port. These units are programmed with PanelBuilder32. The latest version as far as I know is 3.83. If you do not have PanelBuilder32, you will have to contact your local AB Dealer, and arrange to get it.

Stu.....