S7 usb cable (6ES7 972-0CB20-OXA0)

barryoc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Guy,

Has anyone experienced their usb cable refusing to work. I am on my third cable and would like to know if the two non working cables I have can be tested/repaired someway. Admittingly these are not genuine siemens cables.

I will post screenshots of the error later, i think it says something about the adaptor adress being higher than maximun allowable address.

Many thanks,
Barry.

There's a story here somewhere, don't want to sound like a smart butt but if you change the fuse for the third time it won't blow? Can't be the cables at this point, hence your post. You could have a bad batch of non-Siemens cables but your remark about the error message concerning max allowed address is a good clue. Check PG/PC interface and if you are set to max address > 31, lower it one step at a time and see what you get.

With PG/PC interface you have to play around with it sometimes. Try turning on or off "only master on the buss", that matters, has to be on for S7-200 or other slaves.

What are you trying to talk to?

No issue with fuses or software guys. As soon as i plug in new cable my comms work without changing any settings. I just thought someone might have come accross this before. Frustrating that a cable works one day and not the next.

Maybe I'm causing a surge in the adaptor by plugging out the comms cable at the wrong time??????

Thanks Guys,
Barry.