Hakko HMI

jgonsison

Hello guys: can somebody help me on how to copy the program/screen data of our existing HAKKO HMI and write them to a new unit? i have the software and the cable between PC and HMI

Sure. You first upload the HMI application (File - Transfer, then click PC<- from within V-SFT). Then connect to the new HMI and transfer it down (File - Transfer, click PC->).

Sure. You first upload the HMI application (File - Transfer, then click PC<- from within V-SFT). Then connect to the new HMI and transfer it down (File - Transfer, click PC->).

Thanks. i thought about it when i read the manual but a bit hesitant about the transfer because at some point i'am contemplating between "transfer" and "copy" and might erase the data of the existing HMI. Thanks again (y)

It is always good to double check before you overwrite the application on the HMI. Not that I would know that from personal experience!:D

i see. that's why i'm a bit hesitant to do it. this is my first time trying to copy a program from a HMI, sort of making a back-up in case the existing one brokedown because then i might not be able to retrieve the program. it's kind of confusing when you see "transfer" because i might erase the program from the HMI. anyway, i've already made some back-ups on our plc units and the program remains when you upload them to a pc and i'm just making sure if it works the same as with HMI's.

i was excited when i could see the process of transferring the data from the HMI to the PC..until it asks a password before i could open the file. what a luck...could it be possible to open it without the password? anyway, the machine is not too old, i should contact the manufacturer for the password. i just don't understand why there are still manufacturers that install password to machines when you already paid for them? all of our plc in the factory doesn't have passwords including the ones connected to this HMI. %$#@$$%^^%!

Unfortunately there is no way to view the file without the password. Your best bet is to contact the mfg. I would think that they should be willing to give it up. Typically, the applications are protected to prevent a competitor from ripping it off. If all you want to do is to back up the app, there should be no issue.