S7 fb's enviormental variables

DeepThought

Hi Guys,

I am presently writing a few function blocks for conveyor controls which are working well, however I wanted to place a timer inside the function blocks but not have them as global timers, How do i declare these at the top of the function block editor page as i have with the IN's and OUTS's etc.

:oops:

Thanks in advance

You have 2 options - use traditional S5 timers (global) or use locally stored IEC timers - those would be placed in STAT part of FB's declaration area as multi-instances.

I think here is what you want to do in the first network.Also if you want you can enter your time as integer form the input of fb as seconds or so and you can create a parametric timer value but if you want to do that you should manipulate your integer and change it to S5time...

In the second network there is another idea if you only want to use only on and off delay timers you can use SFB4 and SFB5 and call them as multiple instance.

FB_TMR.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys,
exactly what i needed ERDEMSVRI, what got me confused was "TIMER" data type was not in the drop down box but it was accepted if i typed it manually.

Thanks again ALL.