Function Blocks in STL

KentH

Hello all,

I am a student, and fire has destroyed some of my notes. boo hoo. Anyway, life goes on and i was wondering if anyone could give me an example of how to program a simple stop start Function Block in STL with 3 inputs (strt, stop, ovld) and one output (motr). I am thinking that perhaps my syntax is just wrong, as i can declare all the I/O's properly(i think). It will not allow my to program the logic required. anyway, all help greatly appreciated.

I am using s5 for windows, connected(at college) to a siemens PLC.

here is what i have so far
;
NAME: STARTER
DECL: STRT IBI
DECL: STOP IBI
DECL: MOTR QBI
DECL: OVLD IBI

:
BE

thank you in advance.
Kent H

KentH,

What do you mean with OVLD? Overload?

NAME: STARTER
DECL: STRT IBI
DECL: STOP IBI
DECL: MOTR QBI
DECL: OVLD IBI

:U(
:O STRT
:O MOTR
:)
:UN STOP
:UN OVLD
:= MOTR
BE

Perhaps something like this, by the way I've never heard such a silly excuse. And next time try to do your homework yourself, this is a one time help!!

Rudi

thanks for the reply.

i found out i have to put a = in front of every operand.
eg
O =STRT
ON =MOTR
= =MOTR

the excuse may sound silly, but my car was stolen and burnt with some of my books in it.