ControlLogix Dnet help

iggy

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a problem I am hoping you could shed some light on for me. I am pretty new to controllogix dnet, I have pretty much worked with PLC 5. The problem is the scanner card went out
and we replaced it with the same revision and downloaded the
scanlist to it. Looking in the properties everything seems happy no errors and the scanlist is loaded. But the display
is reading A#oo notx. If anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction of what to look for I would appreciate it very much.
1756-L61/B 15.4
1756-DNB 6.1

What is the error code?

Sounds like there are no available scanlist nodes to communicate with. Are the slave nodes connected and powered up?

The display on the card itself just says A#00 notx
in the module properties>mod info>running

The first thing any DeviceNet scanner does after powering up is send out a "Duplicate MAC ID Check" packet, to which it expects an "ACK" answer from other network nodes (in fact, from all network nodes) at the correct data rate.

If it gets two ACKs and no Duplicate MAC ID replies, it will commence transmitting messages to slave devices to set up I/O connections and will start bridging network browse and message traffic.

If it gets no ACKs, it will display "NoTX" and periodically send out Dup MAC ID requests until it gets a reply.

I've seen NoTX appear on systems where the Scanner is set up for 125 KB but all the slave devices are hard-set for 500 KB.

I've also seen it on systems where the wiring was damaged but only the 1756-DNB was replaced.

What behavior or fault indication led you to replace the 1756-DNB ? What are the other devices on the network ?

Thank you all for your answers, sorry for the very late responce they are having a large tour tomarrow so I have been running around with my head off.
It turned out to be something stupid. The info that we got
from the manufacture was the motors were set up at 125k when they were really 500k, changed the scanner and worked like a charm.
Thank you all again for you answers, this is such a great site.