Devicenet Communications

rockyh

I'm trying to use a micrologix 1500 with a 1769-SDN devicenet card to communicate to an Omron CP1H using the Omron CJ1W-DRM21 card. Does anyone have any info on setting this up.

Both of those devices have the ability to be configured both as a Master or as a Slave.

Which one do you plan on making the Master ?

Do you have the Omron configuration software, or RSNetworx for DeviceNet, or both ?

Then it ought to be pretty simple.

You'll need a slave EDS file for the Omron device, and a physical way to connect to the DeviceNet network. The MicroLogix 1500 doesn't support "passthrough" from the controller to the network.

The 1770-KFD and the 1784-U2DN are the most common methods for connecting to a DeviceNet. Bridging through a ControlLogix 1756-DNB or through a CompactLogix 1769-SDN are also common.

In RSNetworx for DeviceNet you add the Omron device to the Scanlist of the 1769-SDN, use the AutoMap function or manually configure where that data is going to be in the Input and Output files of the scanner, and download that scanlist configuration to the 1769-SDN.

I have the eds file for the Omron controller and have started the project in RSnetworx already, it's just where does the I/O mapping go as far as the Omron Devicenet card is concerned. Am I going to have to configure that as well.

I have the eds file for the Omron controller and have started the project in RSnetworx already, it's just where does the I/O mapping go as far as the Omron Devicenet card is concerned. Am I going to have to configure that as well.