Wonderware, auto tag load from Logixs5000

ak99

Where I am we use a lot of RSLogix 5000 plc connected to Wonderware HMI's V9.5. New equipment is brought in and existing equipment is modified and many new tags are created. Is there any way to automatically read the tags in the PLC program, create a .csv file that Intouch can load using DB load? I know the csv file can be manually edited, but this opens the door for typos.

The need seems to come up often and I sat down once to write my own program to do this but didn't finish. Before I put anymore work into this, I thought it would be best to ask if I would be wasting my time.

Thanks

You're not wasting your time.

I had a system that has 20 identical stations. So 20 sets of tags, the only difference was the station # (01 to 20) as part of the tag name. I did not want to hand enter each tag.

So I created a tag of each type I needed, then did a DB Export of them. Now I write a program to read this file, copy each tags data and then change the tag name as needed, write the record to a new file, for each of the 20 stations.

So you can do something like this too.