HoneyWell HC900 Biggner

daniyal

I have experienced to work with PLC system, but now today i am working on the project that is totally on Honeywell HC900 DCS system. and i dont know much about DCS system that how to make a logical programing or start-up sequences that was too easy to program in PLC. the project is belongs to Auto Cane Feeding system in sugar industry and obviously it should be included the logical programming and sequence interlocks etc..

Could anybody guide me how do i start my project, i have read some user's guide of HC900 but could not understand, an easy way can solve my problems.

Regards.

Have you assembled the power supply, controller and I/O into the rack(s)?

Have you installed Hybrid Control Designer (HCD) , the development software?
Have you established communications with the controller, for example, opening a new project, dragging any function block onto the work area and then down/uploading the setup/config/project to the controller in order 'prove' communications?

The HC is not really server based DCS. Honeywell calls it a hybrid controller. Process Automation Controller (PAC) is another applicable description.

i have not hardware, but i have installed HCD development tool. its my in house engineering to make programing first step then after go to project site and download and commissioning the project.
So Thats why i need the guide to design the program in the HCD for example how to design logical interlocking or startup programming.etc...

I don't know where to begin.

I have no idea what PID loops you need to make your process run or whatever other logic is needed. Presumably someone has process engineered that and those specifics have to be translated into function block control.

All I can suggest is to open a new project, drag some function blocks (FB) onto the work page and connect outputs to inputs, just to get a feel for making creating a config.

For FB's inputs are on the top and left; outputs are on the bottom and right.

You can put text comments on the same Worksheets as the function blocks (I think it's right click on the worksheet to bring a list up with the option)