Please Help

don5mile

I am new to PLC's and I am trying to get a stepper motor to run off of my Click. I have a 5v driver and a 5 wire stepper. They both work I can get them to run together when they are not on the PLC, but I am having problems wire them to the Click and getting them to run. Please help

So, let's start from beginning.

First, i don't know which plc you are using. But doesn't matter
as it follow IEC programming standard.

So, figure it out the rating of motor.

Then, go for function block in progrmamming enviroments and give

input and output. Like, you can find Function_Move,Function_stop etc.

Make your system configuration perfectly.

You should give try because you didn't provide enough information like which PLC or which motor you are using.

Define steps of motor and calculate and programme it accordingly.

I hope it will help.

I have a 5v driver and a 5 wire stepper. They both work I can get them to run together when they are not on the PLC, but I am having problems wire them to the Click and getting them to run.
I think the wiring is the first problem to tackle. So can you post how you have wired the stuff together?
If the wiring is OK and the stepper still won't run, then we can get a look at the code.

Regards,