traffic lights control

snjugunachege

hi all, am a college student who is new to plcs and am having problems trying to control traffic lights at a round about. am trying to use the plc(twido) to set the 4 outputs to give me different states that form inputs to a 4 to 16 decoder so that i can be able to control my lights at a roundabout. the different states are timed such that between state 1 lasts for 2sec, state 2 for 10 sec etc. i intend to have 1 input that starts the plc...can anyone assist? i will be grateful

used to be but now in england and ireland they have traffic lights as welll

Yes, you are right. These tend to be where the roundabout is under a major road or dual carriageway.

Obviously, if the roundabout is busy, traffic will queue back up onto the major road - and likely to cause an accident.

The lights are controlled by inductive loops to prevent this happening.

Perhaps the OP can post what he has already done so we can help?

due to the demand you placed on my effort, i hereby provide my ladder logic program of what i have attempted...on testing the ladder logic i get 37 warnings and no errors.