l55 redundancy system turns OK OFF From Processor

gtr35

The problema is that i have a redundant system installed in a motogenerator, it has 3 racks, 2 used for processor, communication (Ethernet and controlnet) and the SRM module, the other rack is used for I/O all the comms are done by the controlnet netowork the node fot the I/O is the node numer 2, the master PLC use the node number 4.

One wierd thing for me, is that the progam wich was stored in both plc are not the same, they have 8 different tags, and other things different, but the SRM module says SYNC, and PRIM, and when i turn off the power from one rack the one which was SYNC change to PRYM, and after y powerup and initialize the other PLC it became SYNC with the primary.
In CLX system, if i switch the processor which is PRYM to prog, it should change the other rack to PRIM, ??

And the Most wierd, the PLC Suddenly stop RUN, i mean that the RUN LED IS OFF, and if u make changes the outputs dont refresh, is like the PLC is in PROG modem, i need to use the key to switch the processor to RUN again

IO conf.JPG

Are you certain that the ControlLogix project is configured to use Redundancy ? It's a checkmark in the Redundancy tab of the Controller Properties.

The ControlNet network you describe will not support "bumpless" redundancy because it requires at least two ControlNet nodes in addition to the controller chassis and you only have one I/O rack. Unless there is another ControlNet node like a PV+ or a 1784-PCIC, the ControlNet will drop connections temporarily during switchover.

The 1756-ENBT modules should also not be in the I/O chassis configuration in RSLogix 5000 for a Redundant system.

ControlLogix redundancy cross-loads the program and the tag database from the Primary to the Secondary controller. It should be impossible for the primary and the secondary controllers to have different tag databases, and you should not be able to edit the secondary controller if Redundancy is enabled.

I would erase the program in the "Secondary" controller by removing the battery and cycling power, then re-power it and see if the 1757-SRM loads the program from the other controller.

What version of firmware are you running in the controller ? Redundancy firmware is xx.5 and higher firmware. The 1756-L55 controllers supported v13.5x and v15.5x redundancy firmware, but those have not been sold for about five years.

Has this system been working in the past, or are you commissioning it now ?

im amazed why they have radundancy and they have different programs, for example if you change one program, in the pv plus theres a message displayed in the diagnostic list saying that theres some tag that cannot find tag is CB254.

There are 2 motogenerators one is primary and other is secundary (BackUP), if power fails, the primary comes into operation and if it fails the secondary going into.

The motogenerator where im working is the motogenerator B which is the secundary.

If i change the programs, to the same in both controllers theres some error displayed in the other motogenerator displaying me in the diagnostic list that cant find a tag which name is CB1.

Im going to attach the architecture

arq, moto.JPG