AB Micrologix PTO Function Help

loundeb2

Hi,
I have a Micrologix 1500bxb set up to run a servo for a press feeder. Basically, a limit switch(XIO)on the press causes the rung which the PTO is on to go from false to true and the servo feed starts. When PTO is done, it latches the press down. A timer unlatches it and it goes up and the cycle repeats automatically from there.
It works ok, but I need to delay the start of the PTO after the false to true rung transition(press cycle). I'm having a hard time configuring any kind of delay that will operate automatically and continually after first cycle.

Do you have any tips for accomplishing this? Maybe using a mask or STI? If so, please include a sample. I've attached my program. Feel free to modify for me.

Thank You, Lou

Could you not use a timer to set a delay once the limit switch goes false to true? Once the timer is done, start the PTO. Once the press cycle is complete, reset the timer with the RES command.

I've tried a bunch of different timer configurations, but the problem is triggering the timer and having it complete it's cycle before the trigger goes false and the DN bit is set. I found using a TON for the press down time and TOF for the servo delay to work ok, but I wonder if there is a better way.