Laptop with RS232 port

halo9

hi everybody, im looking for a new laptop that has a built in RS232 port, does anybody know of any companys that still sell laptops with RS232? i know until recently dell still had a few, but i believe that now they do not! i only ask as the one i have currently is a bit to slow to run some new software and i would like to have all my software on one machine if possible!

thanks for your help, ross

There are still many applictions that I program that a USB still will not work, so I still have a PC with a real serial port, see Eric's link in post 2 for the BEST PC I have ever had

Keyspan is the best USB/RS232 adapter on the market, but still will not work with all aplications

I have just about all of them working with DosBox (older versions so you can configure the port)

If anyone needs the older verion you can download it here www.plctrainer.net/DOSBOX.zip

If you don't mind lugging a docking station around, the T60,T61, and T500,T510 lenovo's have serial ports w/ the advanced dock.

If you don't mind lugging a docking station around, the T60,T61, and T500,T510 lenovo's have serial ports w/ the advanced dock.

the t60 also had a serial port that could be plugged into the cd drive bay. it worked very well.