Crimson 3 - combine 2 x words as floating point

gavtech

Hi all,

Crimson 3 doesn’t have the ability to log Floating Point maths with the IDEC driver it is shipped with.

I wish to import a 32 bit Floating Point register for logging (D0900 which consists of 2 x 16 bit registers D0900/D0901)

How can I recombine tag1 (D0900 word) & tag2 (D0901 word) to create the internal tag3 (Floating Point)

Thanks for any assistance ,

Gavin

That is an interesting question. I don't think that just adding the two together will do it. I was thinking maybe use two tags mapped to D0900 and D0901. Then do some Shifting to the Left on D0900 16 bits, and then AND it with the D0901 for the result. But I don't know where the decimal point will end up in this idea.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo

Maybe take the high order word, assume D0901 and bit shift 16 left, then add the low order word? Something like:

FloatTag := (HighOrdTag << 16) + LowOrdTag

Last edited:
Thanks for the input blokes!

I have read that Crimson does exactly what I want to do, just until I have seen it work I am stumped.

I was hoping that it was as easy as creating an internal tag of 32 bits, using data sourced from tag 1 with a length spanning 32 bits (or both contigous registers). Once I have this the scaling data section or the float command could be used.

Cheers,

Gavin