Mitsubishi PLC and Mettler Toledo Weighting Meter

anson84

Hi All,
I have no idea how to communicate Mitsubishi PLC with Mettler Toledo ID7.
I heard that the Mettler Toledo ID7 can be communicated through RS232 and it'll output string to PLC. is it correct?

How I take the data in Mitsubishi PLC?

Thanks for your great help.

Hi All,
I have no idea how to communicate Mitsubishi PLC with Mettler Toledo ID7.
I heard that the Mettler Toledo ID7 can be communicated through RS232 and it'll output string to PLC. is it correct?

How I take the data in Mitsubishi PLC?

Thanks for your great help.

ID7s do indeed output the weight through serial, either continuously (AUTO-SIR mode) or by request of a host program . You will need to get document detailing the protocol from Mettler to understand format and connection modes to plc. As for data collection you will have to program your Mitsubishi for serial communication, I personally did such type of connection with Omron plcs in both free-mode and preprogrammed sequences, and they all are pretty straightforward.