Pro-Face Freezing

robw53

we have a pro face HMI which is connected to a bosch rexroth PLC thi is a 2 year old machine but now the screen does not respond to any touch, when you power up it displays the main page and any alarms etc but cannot select anything and once the screen saver come's on there is no way to bring it out of it, the other plc guy says its a hardware fault but not on the HMI itself, could this be a possibility? i would have thought if they was a fault then it would at least let you bring it out of sleep mode?

i will post full details of HMI part number and comms in the next 30 minutes

cheers guys

Rob

HMI Pro-Face AGP3302-B1-D24 (3280007-24)

Profibus Module on rear of HMI CA5-PFSALL/EX-01 (3383202)

any help much appreciated

Rob

Hi mate, Proface in Coventry have been very helpful in the past with technical help, so give them a call.

Otherwise, can you access the setup page and manually change the screen save option to off? I think you can do this just after powering up but I will check when i am at work LATER - I hate nights!

The only other thing that springs to mind is if it has lost the connection to the plc - You should get an annoying warning message at the bottom of the screen. I think this prevents the screens from changing.

Last edited:
no message comes up for lack of comms it operates as usual because you can see states changing on the HMI screen, i am convinced that the touch screen part is no good but i just want to check if anyone else has had any problems in the past

rob

i did not see any way to get into setup (like the white square on AB Panelviews.

Sorry, my mistake!

1. Unplug the comms cable - the screen will show an error.
2. At the bottom of the display will be a button which is black at the top and looks like it has buttons at the bottom. Press this.
3. Press "Offline"
4. Press Main unit tab
5. Screen settings
6. > button to get to the second screen.
"Standby mode" has a drop down menu - Select "None"

There are other options, like having a standby time or making the unit switch back to a home screen.

When you have finished, plug the lead back in and select "Online".

Hope this helps!

thanks for the advice, i tried that and it displays what you described but even then i cannot select anything at all.

i am guessing its a problem with the touch panel

rob

Oh Dear! If you get the GP pro software from Proface you can normally upload the program then download it to the new one. Sorry, but I can't think of anything else. does the screen bleep at you when you touch it?

I think there is a calibration menu for the touch screen somewhere but if you cannot select anything, you can't use it.

PS I still hate nights!

i dont think its a calibration problem as when it goes to sleep and displays the grey screen you can touch the screen with the palm of your hand and it doesnt come out of sleep.

i will have to get the software as we dont have it as 99% of the equipment on site is allen bradley compactlogix, control and micrologix, Pv, Pv+.

i dont mind nights, alot better without managment wandering about