A good question.

Honga

Does anyone here remember a particularly well structured question on these forums that we can link new comers to?

I'd like to sig' the link to save me repeating myself.

I am envisaging a bunch coming out from the 2k+ posters here with a search.

I'd like to sig' the link to save me repeating myself.
It will not do any good.
Few bothers to search before asking.
Few will even provide all the information needed to supply an answer.
At first I thought this forum save millions of dollars because people could learn from others but now I find that it is a time an energy sink because those that know must repeat themselves over and over and over and over and over again. Every time an answer is repeated that is a waste of effort.

Alaric,

I was wondering who would be the first to point that out.

Silva,

Just mean! I get quite bored at work sometimes.

A quote from rdast's sig link:

When you ask your question, display the fact that you have done these things first; this will help establish that you're not being a lazy sponge and wasting people's time. Better yet, display what you have learned from doing these things. We like answering questions for people who have demonstrated they can learn from the answers.

In my opinion one of the most frequently missing and most important components.

Last edited: