Erase s7-200 memory

mvaughan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an S7-200 that is password protected. Is it possible to totally erase the memory without the password. It is off an old piece of equipment and is available to me if I want it. I have a friend with compatible software I could use to learn Siemens programming.

Thanks,

Matt

If the 200 hasn't been powered up for a while (over 12 days or so) it will lose all of its memory so ou have a blank CPU.
Hope this helps

If the 200 hasn't been powered up for a while (over 12 days or so) it will lose all of its memory so ou have a blank CPU.
Hope this helps

i dont think so, for the model i use 6es7 21x xxx23 only the data table modified during runtime get lost when the capacitors inside the plc get discharged after 10-15 days....After then it is the initial configured data that get used with the remaining programme

The way i do reset a S7-200 is with a small programme named wipeout.exe i think i downloaded it from the siemens site back then but i don't remember for sure....

Just an additional note, you can use the default password to allow you to reset/download to the cpu... CLEARPLC

Regards,

Rob