programming of a flippo feeder

Dreeten

Hello,
I am a teacher and some of my students have to program a machine called 'flippo'-feeder.

The machine feeds a little toy into bags of chips.

We use a S7-1214c.

Drawing a grafcet for one flippo and programming it into lad is no problem. I run the several steps after one another and after the flippo is thrown, i restart the proces.

Of course this is to slow. I need to feed flippo's continuesly. The only way is see this happening is by finding a way to create a proces for each flippo.

Is this one of those cases where i should better leave grafcet and just use lad and combinational thinking? Or am i missing something?

Thx

Either separate the process further (this is what I would do..) Or do the easy way to let the sequence have several steps active at once.. Doesnt follow conventions but works just remember to check that the next step isnt active before we go to it so a toy doesnt get lost in the software..

Do you have a grafcet drawing that you could upload so we can suggest more specific solutions...

No, i dont have a grafcet drawing for the moment. We just started the project. It is made and there is a program for it, but it is programmed in an unstructured way. So i had the bright idea to make a grafcet of it.

Basicly there is a lineair magasin feeder who feeds flippos into the machine with a steppermotor. If a flippo is detected then a vacuumhead is lowered through a cilinder. Once the vacuum is detected then a pneumatic motor rotates 180° and releases the vacuum. Thus laying the flippo on a conveyor belt. Once on there a optic sensor is used to detect the next free position of the conveyor.

So i should be a easy linair grafcet. Could u give an example of further seperating the process. I don't see how that could allow multiple flippos.
Thx

If there are parts of the sequence which need to occur simultaneously in order to keep up with demand, then you may need two (or more) sequences, each with their own logical controls which can operate simultaneously.

For example (based on my limited understanding of your machine):

Sequence #1: When the magazine is not full, perform the steps required to refill it.

Sequence #2: When the conveyor (or downstream system) demands a part, and one is available in the magazine, perform the steps required to move the part to the conveyor.

So, as soon as Sequence #2 creates an empty spot in the magazine, Sequence #1 can begin to refill it even though Sequence #2 may not be completed.