help with VFD on P&ID and HMI

enbeya

Hi guys'
Hopefully all of you are doing well, I tried every where to find standrad symbols to use on P&ID, we have VFD connected to comprossor and have local Pannel and signals using devicenet to DCS or PLC I want to show all alarms and indicators on the Pannel and the ones on the HMI side I ended up having to many XI's and YI's which became more complecated. any opinion will be greatly appriciated guys
Thanks

Keep it simple, show an HIC or SIC in the DCS connected to the VFD then tell the PLC configurator what he needs to show e.g. speed, current etc. Since you are using Device Net most parameters will be available.
If you are showing a DCS indicator just put the letter H or L beside it to indicate there is an alarm. We use the convention H or L for alarm HH or LL for a trip.
Hope this helps
Roy