Using DM in Omron PLC

Blacknight_81

I just wanted to know that if there is any way we could alter DM ( Data Memory) in Omron PLC using someother language such as C/C++ or VB??? As i want some interface which could change specific DM areas while the code is running but don`t wish to use to Memory Editor CX-Programmer as there is a risk of changing some other values.
Suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

You can do it with out problem but you need the proper driver.
We developed the driver once before few years and it work fine with
MS Access VB and RS View.

Arik

well i think developing Driver for it would be a difficult task for student like me as i have just started working with these things. but i think i would be able to some logic to put/get values from DM table if i do have some example or driver etc.

thanks

You can do it by useing CX Server full verion as driver or any other DDE driver.
you can read and write DM by Exel or Access.
Its difficult to give you exsampel.I will have to give you all the application.

You can do it by useing CX Server full verion as driver or any other DDE driver.
you can read and write DM by Exel or Access.
Its difficult to give you example.I will have to give you all the application.
Try to do it and let me know what going on.

Arik

You can access data in the PLC via DDE links. If you have CX Programmer and CX Server installed, you need to load the DDE manager under CX Server menu. This allows data to be imbedded into Windows based software, for example Microsoft Excel.

This is the cheapest and simplist way. Other languages offer better integration with great ability for GUI's etc. :)