Converting program SLC to CLX

ArikBY

Hi

I have project which I made with SLC500 before 10 years ago.Now I got an order for the same machine.I would like to do it with Compact Logic instead of SLC.
I know there is converting tool on the L5K.But it ask for TEXT file.
How I suppose to create this file?
Do Someone use this tool?

TIA

The text files that the tool needs can be generated from withing RSLogix 500. The conversions are very crude. Many choose to recode the project manually. I've gone halfway in between.

I Grab the logic using cut and paste (yes it works) but then I re-assign the addresses using the capabilities of RSLogix5000.

Thanks bernie

The cut and paste it half way, at list I do not have to draw the ladder again.
Do I suppose to save to SLC file as TXT.It is not working or threre is other way?

The conversion utility needs two files; the *.SLC file is an archive format of the program file itself, and the *.TXT file is an exported comments/labels database.

There is a manual dedicated to the conversion utility that describes these pre-requisite steps in RSLogix 500 to generate these files.

The original User Manual was 1756-RM085 (get it from the Literature Library) and there is a good Knowledgebase document describing the basics of both the 1.0 and 2.0 Translation Tools.

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21962/

and one that's specific to the new Translation Tool 2.0

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69790