PLC-5 LED's

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I wanted to know if the LED's on the front of a a 1771-ID should light up for a specific terminal, if the proper voltage is put across it. I know on the SLC500 Input module whether it is programmed or not, if it sees 110V, it will light. I have three inputs that have 120V and the LED's are not lit. Other LED's on the same module are lit, with the same voltage. Also, please, how do I check IO configuration on a PLC-5? The IO config doesn't give a nice little list of the components, like the SLC500. Thank you.

Good day all. I wanted to know if the LED's on the front of a a 1771-ID should light up for a specific terminal, if the proper voltage is put across it. I know on the SLC500 Input module whether it is programmed or not, if it sees 110V, it will light. I have three inputs that have 120V and the LED's are not lit. Other LED's on the same module are lit, with the same voltage. Also, please, how do I check IO configuration on a PLC-5? The IO config doesn't give a nice little list of the components, like the SLC500. Thank you.

The 1771-ID is an Isolated Input Card, and has a seperate Neutral (L2) Connection for each Input on the even Terminals. Are these connected for each Input?

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/td/1771-td019_-en-p.pdf

Stu....