Getting Compiled code from ABB PLC

marvin99

Hi,

I have an ABB AC500 PM-582 PLC, The question is... is it possible to get the compiled code out of the CPU, i need to have this as a backup for future CPU replacement only. Is this something that can be done with these ABB PLC's ??

Rgds

Marvin

Unless it is locked you should be able to upload from PLC to engineering station with ABB Automation Builder.

I have been looking around in Automaton Builder, can't find anything related to Uploading the Compiled Code, only stuff that has to do with project files Upload/Download.

Do you have any idea on how this can be done ?.

Unfortunately i don't have the license hardkey in the office right now so i cant start up the application and check.

But automation builder is based on codesys and in codesys you can do it in menu File> Source Upload.

What I am stuck with at the moment is that I'm unable to find my PLC in the device list when creating a new project, the CPU I have is PM582-ETH 1SAP140200R0170, instead what is available to chose is PM582 1SAP140200R0201. because of this, each time I try to login I end up with a Target Difference Error (The Selected PLC profile does not match the profile of the target!)

Any idea what I'm Missing ?

Can you try to upload the programing with a blank project?

Otherwise maybe try calling ABB and ask to talk to PLC support, or write them an email. I've been in contact with them multiple times and they are great support.

Have tried that but looks like you have to create a project to be able to execute these commands.

Do you have any contact details for ABB PLC support ?