My college lab was getting cleared out and there was no place for this controllogix rack, so I was able to take it.

breadf

I am very, very new to PLCs. I only have experience with Picos, but I knew enough to save this from the dumpster. Apparently, everything on it is functional. It has 4 processors, 7 DHRIO, and 4 redundancy modules. Can anybody give me a rough ball park of what a reasonable asking price for this thing would be? I have had a couple of people express interest in it, but I lack the knowledge to determine what it is worth.

Attachments

• allenbradleyplc.jpg
    allenbradleyplc.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 75
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I would advice you to go to eBay and Radwell sites. There are many posting of similar systems, and that may help you figure out some rough numbers.

Thanks Bob! I am trying to get out of the ControlLogix
Can anybody give me a rough ball park of what a reasonable asking price for this thing would be?

Depends on what the processors are, you can search the part numbers on ebay to get an idea, I would just list it on ebay and do a auction style

Let me know what the CPU part numbers are and I can give you an idea

Thanks Bob! I am trying to get out of the ControlLogix

Depends on what the processors are, you can search the part numbers on ebay to get an idea, I would just list it on ebay and do a auction style

Let me know what the CPU part numbers are and I can give you an idea
I checked, the processors are the 1756-L61

If they are a series B then the CPU's are about 100 each and the RIO are also about 100 each... if I were you I would list it on flee bay (ebay) 1500 or best offer

Drop the price in a week if you dont get any hits

I have found on eBay that complete racks don't sell very well.

Make a listing of just the L61 and a separate listing of the rack and IO cards. You will get lowball offers for the CPU as soon as the listing goes live.

If the rack has an Ethernet card put that on a separate listing as those usually sell immediately.

as those usually sell immediately.

Then you are selling them to low :)

But yes if you have time list them all separate and you will get a better price

If you want to sell the fast, contact these sellers on ebay, they are some of the buyers/sellers that I deal with and trust redmoonplc, baltisales or indianaindustrial

Wow, that was a long time ago, I dont think you can give away ENET, even ENBT's are starting to drop but the EN2T's are holding a good price

Originally picked this stuff up with the intention of donating it to a technical school starting an automation program. Started this thread because it seemed uncertain if they could get the licensing to actually program it. I have no personal use for these modules, so I am gonna donate them anyway. Even if they end up selling everything, it will contribute to education of those skills. Thanks for all of the advice.

If you are going to donate.... go to your local high school, they need the funds and equipment more than any others