S7-1200 Ethernet Cable

alaashawwa

Hello everybody,
I try to connect My S7-1200 1211C in TIA portal 10.5 with ethernet cable, I used a cross-over cable and the program detect a device but when I pree Go Online the program give me an error message that I have to exit or restart program
Can anybody help me ??? wish I use Siemens original cable or just any cable ?? is it straight or cross-over type ??

thanks in advanced,
Alaa

Ethernet cables are standard. Modern ethernet systems can detect if used cable is straight or cross-over and adapt accordingly. So there should be no need to use other than straight one.

What else does the error message say, was it error message? maybe print screen picture of it? Have you contacted siemens, sounds like software bug/glitch.

Any cable is fine, doesn't have to be a siemens

If you laptop is newer then it shouldn't matter as the port will swop over itself so you can use either a straight through or crossover cable

If you laptops older like mine you will havento use a crossover unless you go via a router

Is the 1200 programmed and the IP address set up ?

this what happens

Untitled.jpg
this is a pic of what happened with me, when I searched for device it find one with exactly MAC-address and I try to enter an IP-address then it appears a message said that parameter successfully added , but when I am trying to go online I have to select the interface of my PC,when I choese the porper interface this message apperas to me

thank you all

nelsonregli said:
hi,
someone have the code cable ethernet to comunication to s71200?

thx!

see below...

Any cable is fine, doesn't have to be a siemens

If you laptop is newer then it shouldn't matter as the port will swop over itself so you can use either a straight through or crossover cable

If you laptops older like mine you will havento use a crossover unless you go via a router

Is the 1200 programmed and the IP address set up ?

hi i hve siemens drive ( cpu unit code 6AU1425-0AA00-0AA0 ) and have aproblem . it didn't work , can any body help me how can i updating the software for it or how can i repair it , its give SF alarm