transfer of RSLinx License

shivam

Hello Friends,
I have RSLinx installed on one of my PCs.
I want to format the HDD (I might change the motherboard also.) and reinstall the OS and RSLinx.
Could someone please help me on how to do this.

Thanks and Regards
shivam

and if you are using the factoryTalk activation, are you using Hard drive Serial or Network Card MAC address for activation?

AS long as your HD and network card are not swapped out it should be as easy as copying your license file to a thumb drive and re-coyping the file after the re-install.

Last edited:
on my systems which are MAC address Factorytalk Activated
this file falls under
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Rockwell Automation\Activations

with a file named somthing like

HOST002A5A553F1D_Concurrent_23450930110400379

I have done this method before, I am still a rookie so it might be a faux pas if any of the pros here can correct me