PanelView SelfTest code 74

caliber30

I have a panelview 1000 (2711-K10C8L1) that is giving an error 74 on boot. I just replaced the displays in it. I noticed the firmware was old so I decided to upgrade it to 4.43 using the file C10KDHP.EXE. I get an error here too... FIRMWARE FILE IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH HARDWARE.
I have tried other firmware files but they give the same error but I feel this is file that matches my PV1000 the best. Any ideas?
Robert

Okay, so you replaced the display, did you perhaps install a display for a touchscreen where your original was keyboard only?

Did you attempt the firmware upgrade with the utility using a PC with a real serial port? USB to serial converter? ATA Memory card?

I think the filename you gave in the first post is the correct one for the part number you listed, but maybe your replacement hardware caused an incompatibility.

Hi,
I changed Nothing else, but now I have 2 PV with this same fault. I took one works and tried change FRN from 4.43 to 4.46 and I get an error here too... FIRMWARE FILE IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH HARDWARE. This is touch screen 2711-T10C8. After boot during selftest stopped at 74 error. I used PanelBuilder 3.82 by RS232 from desktop PC, not laptop. Now I have serious problem :-(
Robert

Do you have a Tech Connect contract with Rockwell Automation?

There may be answers there. One note I recall is that if you perform the firmware upgrade with the old Dos Based utility you might be able to get past this error. I am not sure how to get/run the DOS based utility, and my internet access is very slow from home, so I am not going to try, but perhaps other forum members can help you research this.

Hi, Thank you Mickey very much. But what to do, when I tried reload firmware about 10 times and still this same problem. Are my files damage? DO you have the latest FRN for 2711-K10C8L1?. I would be grateful if you could attache it.

With Regards Robert

I'm pretty sure the problem is that you have to reinstall the original firmware that came with the unit. Which may be hard to get if you don't already have it. It seems like I have always had bad luck trying to update the firmware on the panelviews.

I got it working, couldn't do it at all over Serial, seems like I tried everything, the only way I could get it to work was by using PCMCIA Flash Memory Card, I used the exact same file I was trying to load over serial and it worked fine. Weird eh?