RS-View Expiring License - Do I Need To Re-Install

Looger

In a remote location, we have an HMI system running RS-View with a license that is scheduled to expire Sunday night.

We do have a concurrent license intended for this application.

It would simplify things immensely if we could just update the RS-View 32 serial number to the licensed one without re-installing it.

Ideas?

You should not have to install anything except the license, but this varies depending on whether it's a disk based activation or a factory talk license file.

In either case (unless I am missing something) there is no need to re install anything, as long as the version you're using supports the license you've bought.

We've traded in disk based activations for concurrent licenses with a simple phone call to A/B, and it only took them an hour or so to email us the txt file...this was for versions of Linx and Logix that support both types of licenses though.

Fortunately RSView32's activation evolution went from EVRSI-only to EVRSI or FactoryTalk. There's no FactoryTalk-only activation version of RSView32 nor will there be.

So the crucial question is: What revision of RSView32 is running, and which activation type is it using ?

I've run into this sort of thing before; we used a Toolkit activation during development and testing based on the promise that somebody would deliver a full runtime activation sometime during the project, and they never did...

If it's FactoryTalk you might get it to run in Grace Period for a week by removing the activation entirely.