PLC5 wont allow online editing

controlled

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a network of 3 PLC/5's, networked with DH+.
All 3 machines have the key set at REM. On 2 of the machines I can do online editing, but the 3rd wont allow me. The online toolbar is greyed out. I am using rslinx ver 2.54, and logix5 ver 7.54.

Is there a setting that can be set to not allow online editing.

Do you see Project>controller>Password and Privileges? That should be where you make the changes in security but you need to enter the password under Controller Properties.

Ive checked all the privilege settings, and as far as i can tell, they all seem like i should be able to edit.

Ive attached the logix file for anyone to look at and let me know if you see anything.

Thanks

Are you sure no online edits already exist? S:1/11 is set in the file you attached.

I have had an issue with a SLC 5/05 getting the editing bits stuck in the wrong state and a power cycle is required to get it to work correctly again.

What comms method are you using to attempt the editing?

Are you sure no online edits already exist? S:1/11 is set in the file you attached.

I have had an issue with a SLC 5/05 getting the editing bits stuck in the wrong state and a power cycle is required to get it to work correctly again.

Good eyes Okie. Im not at the plant anymore, but I will check for any current edits first thing Monday morning. Im not sure how that could have happened however, the machine is shut off every night, and I had just went online when I noticed I couldnt do any edits.

Im using ethernet comms through a control logix gateway.

There were a couple of technotes at ab.com specific to certain types of comms. connections, so if you're still stuck Monday, I will try looking there for answers.

Problem solved.

I couldnt find any place where an existing online edit was present. I had to go offline, set s:1/11 to 0 then do a download.