helping: the RSEMU problem

gzzjq

when I use the vmware,and installe the rslogix v17 and the rsemu v17,I have a project of v16,when I download the project to the rsemu,always display the error message: can't communicate with the rslinx?

can anyone help me?

thank you

Thank you for your reply

I used the slot 16 for the rslinx,and the slot 6 for the cpu

but it mostly happened fail

ok, so can you give us some details on the failure. If possible can you post a screenshot? If not, can you describe exactly what steps you are going through and the exact error messages you may be receiving.

OG

First thank you for your reply
step1,I change the cpu to emulate cpu on slot 6
1.jpg
step2
and fix the emulator2.JPG
step3 used whoactive to communicate with the plc
and download
step4 near the end of the download process,it display the message as follow 4.JPG

what's the problem?

Thank you

3.JPG

Everything looks right so far. When you created the emulated controller there was a setting for the Continuous Task Dwell. What is that value? I'm wondering if that time is set to low it may not be giving your Windows applications like RSLinx enough time to work properly.

OG

thank you operaghost,

I set the dwell 1000,but still happened the same problem

it caused me almost crazy,

on the host machine it few times successfully download,but on the vitural machine, it never successful

Ok, "never successful" changes things a bit. I was operating under:
"....sometime it can download,but mostly it failed."
So instead we have that the virtual machine has never worked. First let me reassure you that using a virtual machine does work. I was using it myself to help answer your questions. Plus I use it all the time in my day-to-day work. So we need to see why it doesn't work for you.

A couple questions for you?

• What operating system is installed in the host (for example: Win XP Service Pack 2, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit)? If Windows Vista or Windows 7 please indicate 32 or 64-bit. Windows XP, please indicate the service pack.
  • When installing the Emulator, what is the software version? (v18, 17?)
  • When creating the emulated controller, did you specify the revision as v16?
  • You said that you had version 17 RSLogix software but a version 16 program. Does your computer have RSLogix v16?
By the way, the graphics you supplied earlier were excellent.

OG

1.the host and the vitrural OS are both xp sp3
2.the emulator is v18
3.yes
4.yes,I installed the version from v12 to v17

thank you