BIG PROBLEM :autocad question=>not PLC

eastkodakguy

I am stuck in a hotel room and need to print out some autocad drawings on regular paper (standard 8x11??). I have tried kinkos, and several others. They dont have autocad so they cannot print it out. I do not have access to a printer so I cannot do it from my laptop. Is there anyway I can change it to a different format that most pc's can read, or if anyone has another idea let me know
Thanks
Dallas

Use your 'Print Screen' key to capture the screen image to your clipboard and then paste the clipboard into Paintbrush.

Or use AutoCAD to save as a dxf file (instead of as a dwg file). Microsoft Word has the ability to include a dxf image in a document.

If Autocad is set to a light backgroung color

If you are using Autocad 14 or higher, simply select all the components in the drawing (or the area you wish to print). Do a ctrl-c to copy to the clipboard.

Open Word, go Edit -> Paste Special and paste as a picture.

Right click on the backgroung of the picture, click Group -> Ungroup

Click outside the picture and repeat the (above) ungrouping procedure until it's not an option. Then delete the background; should leave the drawing on a white background - suitable for printing.

The later versions of AutoCAD will allow you to print to a PDF file.
You hit the print button, and change the output to File - PDF.
I havn't actually done this myself, but I've seen the drafties do this quite a bit. You may have to play with the settings a bit.

On PDF, you can also select the paper size, we usually use A4 or A3, but this is Australia not the US.

If you have an earlier version of AutoCAD, you may not be able to do this, I don't know when the feature became standard. It was not on AutoCAD 14 or LT98.

Doug