Plss help me.big problem for me

WAIT! In you picture PRO3.jpg, on Rung 59 it appears that the F118 Counter has an EV0 (Elapsed Counter Value) = 9. Is that small blue "9" equal to the counter's value when you made the picture? The "9" also shows up on Rung 69 just above the "EV0". If that is the current value of EV0, then the counter is working, but it should not trigger the 50% Level Switch UNTIL it reaches "50". That is a long time to wait!

You could (for the purpose of faster testing) change the TMX timer on Rung 54 to a type "TMR" timer, with the set time still = "K10". That would speed the timer up by 10 times (0.01 time base instead of 0.1 seconds). Then you would only have to wait 5 seconds for the tank to hit 50%, instead of 50 seconds.

Another way to speed it up is simply to change the TMX 0 to a setting of "K1" or 0.1 seconds.

Last edited:
In your picture Pro4.jpg, on Rung 69, it appears that the F118 Counter Elapsed Value EV0 is equal to "1" at that time. If so, then the "0% Level Switch" should be on. Looking at Rung 77 in the picture, R1 is indeed ON or energized at that time, as it should be! This seems to indicate that the Counter is working, but that it has only counted from 0 to 1 at that time. Also, R2, R3, R4, and R5 should be OFF, as indeed they are at that time when the tank is only 1% full.

Fidamin, you are going to love this. Looking at your pictures, it occurred to me that your Counter EV0 value is equal to your Timer TMX value in all the pictures where both appear at the same time. I read the manual again, about timers and found this (see attached picture).

So Timer TMX uses the memory locations SV0 and EV0. That means that we cannot use EVO for the F118 Counter Elapsed Value. We must change either the Counter or the Timer. It will be easier to change the timer to TMX 2 (because we have alrady used TMX 1), so that its Elapsed Value becomes EV 2 and then it will not overlap or intefere with the F118 Counter.

Fidamins Timer Problem - EVO is TMX0 Elapsed Value.jpg

Last edited:
Here is Revision 2, with a new TMX 2 that replaces TMX 0. I set TMX 2 to "K1" for testing purposes, so that your tank will fill up in 10.2 seconds instead of 102.

Last edited:
Question for you: Is the Timer TMX 0 running from 0 to 10 and then resetting? In your picture, it appears to be equal to "9" when you made the picture. If so, that is one step that is working. If the timer is not timing up to 10 x 0.1 seconds, then resetting, that can keep the F118 Counter from working.[/QUOTE]

TMX 0 is running from 0 to 10 and it reset again and counts again.

WAIT! In you picture PRO3.jpg, on Rung 59 it appears that the F118 Counter has an EV0 (Elapsed Counter Value) = 9. Is that small blue "9" equal to the counter's value when you made the picture? The "9" also shows up on Rung 69 just above the "EV0". If that is the current value of EV0, then the counter is working, but it should not trigger the 50% Level Switch UNTIL it reaches "50". That is a long time to wait!

You could (for the purpose of faster testing) change the TMX timer on Rung 54 to a type "TMR" timer, with the set time still = "K10". That would speed the timer up by 10 times (0.01 time base instead of 0.1 seconds). Then you would only have to wait 5 seconds for the tank to hit 50%, instead of 50 seconds.

Another way to speed it up is simply to change the TMX 0 to a setting of "K1" or 0.1 seconds.

yes the TMX 0 counts from 0 to 10 and the F118 count up/down follow the TMX 0.As TMX 0 counts from 0 to 10 the F118 also count from 0 to 10 as we set it
to K 102.its not counts to 102.

Last edited:
In your picture Pro4.jpg, on Rung 69, it appears that the F118 Counter Elapsed Value EV0 is equal to "1" at that time. If so, then the "0% Level Switch" should be on. Looking at Rung 77 in the picture, R1 is indeed ON or energized at that time, as it should be! This seems to indicate that the Counter is working, but that it has only counted from 0 to 1 at that time. Also, R2, R3, R4, and R5 should be OFF, as indeed they are at that time when the tank is only 1% full.

On Rung 69,yes,F62 WIN when equal to 1 and R1 is ON but F62 WIN,F118 Counter follow the TMX 0.F118 counter and F62 Win not counts properly.

Here is Revision 2, with a new TMX 2 that replaces TMX 0. I set TMX 2 to "K1" for testing purposes, so that your tank will fill up in 10.2 seconds instead of 102.

The FIDAMIN'S TANK FILL PROBLEM-R2.zip,I extract then run the program..the F62 Win and F118 counter not counts properly because TMX 2 is K 1.The F62 Win and F118 count from 0 then suddenly turn to 102 and only R5 is ON as it skipped the R1,R2,R3 and R4.

Lancie,I think your program already right because F118 is up/down counter because what we need to do is to set up our outputs correctly to make it either down or up,means that from 0% to 100% or from 100% to 0% or am i wrong?

The F62 Win and F118 counter not counting properly because TMX 2 is K1.
I set TMX 2 to K1 in an attempt to speed up the cycle from 102 seconds to 10.2 seconds. You can change it back to K10 if it is causing problems.

The F62 Win and F118 count from 0 then suddenly turn to 102 and only R5 is ON as it skipped the R1,R2,R3 and R4.
The counter should start at 0, count UP while Y1 is ON, then count DOWN from 102 to 0 while Y1 is OFF.

What number do you see on the Counter EV0 before it jumps to 102? In other words, does it count continuously from 1 to 102, or does it skip from some T number up to 102? If it jumps directly from 1 to 102, then when the Counter Reset is being done when R0 is OFF, the counter is not resetting to K0, but instead to K102. In which case, try this: edit the Counter rung, and change the K102 preset to K0. Then run it and see if it starts at 0 instead of 102.

Lancie, I think your program already right, because F118 is up/down counter. What we need to do is to set up our outputs correctly to make it either down or up, meaning from 0% to 100% or from 100% to 0%, or am I wrong?
Yes, you are right, but it is already set up (supposedly) to start at 0 and count UP. Maybe the Preset Value has to be K0 instead of K102? It all depends on how the counter works and I have never used this one before, so you will have to figure out how to make it work. I think you are close to getting it to work now. Try setting the counter preset to K0. Maybe it will start there and add 1 every time the TMX 2 timer reaches its setpoint (It should not make the counter work differently whether TMX 2 is set for K1 or K10, but it will make it count faster or slower).

Last edited:
What number do you see on the Counter EV0 before it jumps to 102? In other words, does it count continuously from 1 to 102, or does it skip from some T number up to 102? If it jumps directly from 1 to 102, then when the Counter Reset is being done when R0 is OFF, the counter is not resetting to K0, but instead to K102. In which case, try this: edit the Counter rung, and change the K102 preset to K0. Then run it and see if it starts at 0 instead of 102.

Its jump directly from 0 to 102 and resetting and jump continuosly.

Last edited:
Okay, then the counter works differently than described in the manual. It really is meant to start at a high number, then count down, then count up. We need it to start at a low number (0) and count up to 102 as the tank fills, then count back down to 0 as the tank drains.

In the attached Revision 3, I have set the initial F118 Counter Preset to K0. Maybe that will allow the counter to count up first. I also changed the TMX 2 back to K10, as the short cycle seemed to be too quick for you.

You should learn to edit the program so that you can make your own changes. To make a change, first delete the old instruction, then replace it with a new one.

To edit, first make sure the needed tool bars are visible. In the FPWIN GR software, click
"View, Display Comments,
View, Toolbar,
View, Functionbar,
View, Functionbar Style, 3 lines,
View, Entry Bar,
View, Input Field Bar"

Now place your cursor where you want to change an instruction, then click "Del", then click on the new instruciton, type in its address, first selecting the type of instruction from the Functionbar, then select the numbers from the Tenkey Bar, the click "Enter" or the key ("<_|").

Last edited:
The TMY 1 count from K 0 until K 50 but the TMY1 should count from K0 to K 300 and the counter didnt counter didnt count properly..the C100 should count 2 times but it suddenly change from 2 to 0..

The TMY 1 counts from K 0 until K 50...
Great! Then the F118 Up-Down Counter is finally working and counting up to at least 50!
Also, TMY 1 should time until the tank reaches 50% level in less than 5 minutes. If the tank successfuly reaches 50%, then there is no "LOW LEVEL", so there is no need for the Low Level Alarm Horn! It is working correctly!

but the TMY1 should count from K0 to K 300
It should only count to 300 seconds IF the tank does not reach 50% (yours always reaches 50% in 50 seconds). Now, if you need to simulate a failure or alarm situation, you need to temporarily override the tank fill, so that it DOES NOT fill to 50% in 5 minutes.

the C100 should count 2 times but it suddenly change from 2 to 0..
Yes, Counter C100 is reset by R0 when SYSTEM RUN goes OFF. If you want R0 to stay ON even when the tank is full, then you need to change the program to do that. First remove R5 from Rungs 0 and 14. Where R5 is in Rung 14, put a NOT X4 there instead.

From your instructions:
If the tank for some reason does not fill up to a minimum level of 50% within 5 minutes
after the valve energizes, an alarm will notify an operator.

How can you simulate a tank-fill failure? What if you added another input selector switch X5, call it "TANK-FILL FAILURE ON/OFF". If you put that new switch in rung 66 after the T0 timer contact, then that would keep the tank from filling, and then the alarm should go off after 5 minutes.

Last edited: