Serial Communications

Tim Ganz

Working with a parker hydraulic controller i need to setup comms. It sya you need a rs232 null modem cable? Is that the standard serial cable or something different?

A 'standard' serial cable would be a straight-through cable. Pin 1 to Pin1, Pin 2 to Pin 2, etc., while a null modem has certain pins swapped. Most importantly, the TX and RX connections.

You will want a null-modem cable, or use a 'null-modem adapter' with a 'standard' cable.

Wikipedia has a good description... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_modem

🍻

-Eric

Similar Topics

Hi, I am communicating with a LIN interface (PCAN-LIN) for a project. I am using a CompactLogix PLC with serial port. I was wondering if anyone...
Replies
Views
I've been searching through the forums to see if I could find this question answered anywhere else without success. My apologies if this is a...
Replies
Views
Hi - I am looking to replace two GE 90-30 IC693CMM311 modules and will be using Rx3i system with a IC695CPE310 processor. I programmed these years...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in the process of upgrading a SCADA apllication to a windows 7 PC. The issue that i am running into is that Wondeware does not...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am having trouble getting my head around an upcoming application. What I have is a Omron PLC running sysmac configuration software...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom