Slow response in Allen Bradly

libyanman86

Hi to all ..
Thank you in advance all for helping us all the time .. However,i have got Allen Bradly plc installed in water Disposal plant but the problem is that all the analogue inputs and the outputs are very very slow in response .. i mean for example, when the one of the Transmitters changes the reading up and down"mA" the RS view " Screen" changes very slowly according to the transmitter's reading .. The time difference is more than 7s.. It is quite annoying and the Operator doesn't like it and so do i. I can't help it ..Any help please .. you first RESPONSE is highly appreciated ..^__^.. i will attach the PLC ladder if you like

There's a pretty strong probability that the delays you are seeing are caused by something unrelated to the PLC:

It could be a communication issue with cabling or interference.
It could be the RSLinx driver in the RSView PC having too much going on in a bunch of different directions.
It could be the polling rate of the driver beings used.
It could be RSView with other tasks taking its time away from refreshing the screen.

If you can use that same PC (RSLinx or RSLogix or other driver) to monitor the PLC and get normal response rates, and look at the sources of the RSView values, you can rule out the PLC and the communication cable.

If that PC has RSLinx installed for the drivers used by RSView, then you may be able to browse to the node in question (In RSWho), right click on the node and click Data Monitor. RSLinx will pop up a handy little window and read a list of all the data files in the PLC. You can choose the file you want to monitor and see those elements being updated as fast as the driver polling rate, the PLC comms channel, and the physical connection will allow.

Give us more specifics about the software (RSView version, drivers, OS) and hardware you're dealing with. What kind of PLC? What type of communication? What sort of distances? Routers, repeaters protocol converters?

Paul I was thinking it may be a tag update time in RSV32 I got bit once or 10 times. I think scan class comes to mind

It should be no problem to achieve 1 or 2 second updates on the HMI, so you need to look at both the PLC and the HMI software.
It could be that the scan rate on the Analog inputs (how often the PLC updates reads the data from the input card) is too low or that the scan rate for the HMI (how often it reads the data from the PLC) is too low.