CQM1 Downloading Problem

sjanko33

PLC Software/Hardware:
a) CX-Programmer v3.10
b) CQM1-CPU11
c) CQM1-CIF02

Note: CPU Dip SW 1 is OFF (When is On I get the same result)

1) I click “Go online” icon.
2) Message “About to connect to the PLC. Do you wish to continue” OK
3) I click “Transfer to PLC/Download” icon.
4) Window with download options appear. Program only is selected.
5) Message “This command will affect the state of the connected PLC. Continue?” OK
6) Message: Cannot download the program. UM is protected.

Please advice, what could be a problem?

Regards,
Dan

password-protected

I didn’t download the original program. If program is password-protected how can I get rid of it?

You should be able to blow the whole original program out, including the settings. I don't have a CQM1 manual and don't remember the procedure by heart so cannot be more specific, sorry.

I hope you realize all the possible repercussions of altering the original program, including liability, possible loss of warranty coverage and other ugly things. In other words, once you messed with it - it is your *** now.

I guess you have uploaded the original program and settings and saved them in a separate file. Just in case...

I guess you have uploaded the original program and settings and saved them in a separate file. Just in case...

If the program is password protected then you will have to release the password first before you can upload the program

I am afraid Sleepy Wombat is right - you got to release the password in order to read the program.
In order to release the password you have to know it.
Any chance you can contact the machine builder? Before you do anything irreversible...

Fellows, let's not go off on a tangent here!

The message he's getting is UM is protected, not password protected. The message regarding password protected would come when he is uploading, not downloading.
The issue is that the UM is write protected. Either dip switch one is on or the check box for write protect is checked in the PLC definition for read-only.
This is not a message generated by password protection.

cqm1.jpg

Last edited:
As I mentioned before I checked dip switch 1 and is off, also the check box for write protect is not checked in the PLC definition for read-only.

Because I was able to upload existing program I changed it a bit and after that I was able to download this and any other program. I don’t know what was cause of the problem but seems it disappear.

Thanks a lot to everybody trying to help,
Dan