Crimson 3 Scheduling Tags.

jrrivera

I know that in the Red Lion HMI We can scheduling differents jobs.

for example each monday I want to take a measurement of sensor and place it in a tag or show in the HMI. But How I can use It (getday, gethour, etc).

I won´t use a PLC only the datastation plus for Red Lion and wireless sensors of Banner.

If I'm understanding what you are wanting. You will have 3 tags. One assigned to the device you are reading. Two internal. For simplicity, if your move will always be hourly, set up a tag to gethour(getnow)). Set up a trigger on change of 1. Set the trigger action to complex, and write your script ie...

if (gethour(getnow()==9) & (getday(getnow)==1) {tagHistory = tagNow;}

I haven't really used gethour or getday, but I think this should get you close. You may need to make sure the hour is in 24hr time and not 12hr.

I've done a fair amount with the G3 scripts, even doing a full demo, without a PLC. As long as this is for noncritical info only, I think you should be fine.

Last edited:
Thank you for you help.

But when I want to take a instruction of getday or getmonth, etc,in the program it send me an error "too few arguments for function"

For example for it code:

tag1 = getday();

What need for that tag can use the value of the day or hour, etc.

Thank you for you help.

But when I want to take a instruction of getday or getmonth, etc,in the program it send me an error "too few arguments for function"

For example for it code:

tag1 = getday();

GetDay(GetNow()) will return the current day of week (zero based)

Thank you for you help.

For example for it code:

tag1 = getday();

You need a time value in the function argument. The function getnow() will return the current time and date. So getday(getnow()) will return the day value from the current date and time.

Also I noticed my parenthesis where wrong in the condition statement I gave before. It should be

if (gethour(getnow())==9 & getday(getnow())==1) {tagHistory = tagNow;}