Step 7 Program Question.

DexterIt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hy dear friends.I have an quick and maybe too simple question for some from here.
I have an program for S7-300 PLC to a machine from the plant i work,and unfortunatly it was writen in STL language by the producer.I recently made the PLC study for S7,and as i think most of teachers do,they teach in LAD language.I know that inside Step7 can change the type from STL to LAD or FBD,but this program does not work.NO matter what option i chose,i can always see it in STL type,and i can not understand too much.
Is there any other option i can try,that i am not aware of?
Thank you!

Sadly most code written STL originally does not translate back to LAD through the software. It must be done manually. If you write in LAD you can flip back and forth which is what I do to get a better understanding of STL.
Ciao

Oh dear...i was wonder when the time to learn STL will come.Sadly it is now.Thank you Jac.

hi! try to open program code with Program Editor, Ctrl+1 = LAD, Ctrl+2 = STL, Ctrl+3 = FBD (or View -> LAD,STL,FBD ...)

As Jac says,it wont work.I allready tryed that and is not working.Thank you.(Mersi frumos oricum mestere...la mai mare!)

Uh...the problem is this:We need to add 1 more air cilinder with 2 sensors on it to the program.The program is very big,all writen in STL and not too many comments.The starting problem is that i did not find yet the part where i need to modify,so dnow what part of program to post.
There are 9 OB blocks,10 FB blocks,41 FC blocks and 27 DB blocks.
Some of the FB blocks when i try open them i get the error The block is protected,and opens up empty.

here may be only one problem if your CPU is locked for writing (downloading), else connect your sensors and chiller to PLC (i suppose you have free inputs/outputs) and write new function block in what langue you now

Last edited:
The CPU is not locked,we have the program from the manufacturer,the only problem is that the inputs/outputs have to function based on the current program.The part where i am stuck is to find the conditions i need from the program to alter my newly function.And as i sad,the program is not well documented,and writen in STL.