Sending ASCII String from PanelView 550 Printer Port

Wilks

I would like to send a simple ASCII string from a PanelView 550 Printer port with a button press.

String Sample:
ABCDF 1

Any Ideas?

The PanelView 550 printer port is usually used to send a "copy" of an alarm message out the port to a hardcopy printer.

But there is also a "Print Only Object" you can configure in PanelBuilder32.

It works like an alarm, where it monitors a trigger value in the PLC and sends the configured alarm string when the trigger changes state.

I haven't used them in a while, but that's the basic direction to investigate.

You can also check the "Print" option checkbox in the property page of a Message Display Object , this will echo the message out of the printer port

Similar Topics

Good Evening Gentlemen, I have a 5 port RS232 switch connected to the serial port of my laptop. I need to be able to switch ports to use...
Replies
Views
I am having trouble sending a ascii string of information from an Omron PLC to a PLC 5\40. I am connected to channel 0 and the PLC is configured...
Replies
Views
Hello, Thanks in advance. How can I send more than 82 characters using AWA or AWT? to Zepra Printer via serial Rs232 communication? Normally I...
Replies
Views
I am very new to programming PLCs, and one of the first tasks I received was to create a program that creates a socket connection between my PLC...
Replies
Views
I am new to programming in PLC, i have Allen Bradley SLC 5/03. I tried using AWT inst. with data in ST9:0 file directly but in 3 inst. getting...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom